Here's my latest Top 10 MLB teams:
1. New York Yankees - (7-1): There's no question they are the best team in baseball. The only thing that can stop them is COVID-19.
2. L.A. Dodgers - (7-3): The Dodgers are still the top team in the National League and I don't think they are playing their best yet.
3. Chicago Cubs +5 (7-2): The Cubs haven't played the toughest schedule (plenty of games against the Pirates), but that offense is for real. They will have to fix that closer situation at some point.
4. Atlanta Braves - (7-3): The Braves are still loaded. The offense is great, the pitching is solid. Don't count this team out as far as winning the NL.
5. Minnesota Twins - (7-2): The Twins took 3 of 4 from the Indians. They look like the biggest threat to the Yankees at this point in the AL.
6. Houston Astros - (5-4): The Astros are the defending AL champs for a reason. The offense is still great. However, the pitching is a mess. If they can find a way to fix that they are still a big contender in the AL.
7. Cleveland Indians +3 (5-4): The Indians starting pitching is for real, but they lost 3 out of 4 to the Twins. The offense needs to improve.
8. Colorado Rockies: NR (6-2) The Rockies look to be for real. They just took 2 of 3 from the Padres. That offense is definitely strong, the question mark will be the pitching.
9. San Diego Padres -6 (6-4): The Padres have lost 3 of their last 4, but I still have faith in this young squad.
10. Baltimore Orioles NR (5-3): I can't believe my eyes. I have the Orioles in my top 10? Clearly, it's still early. But the O's just swept the Rays, that has to mean something.